Monday, June 20, 2011

Maw-Maw’s Mache

Since my grandmother’s salsa (known as “mache” in her family, hence the name of this post) recipe is so good and so easy, and since I just happen to be making some today for one of the Mr.’s friends, I just had to share it with you all.
Here’s what you’ll need:
7-8 large jalapenos
4 cloves garlic
3 cans diced tomatoes
1 lid full of vinegar
1 lid full of vegetable oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Cut the jalapenos into a few pieces each and toss in the food processor. (I leave the some of the seeds and spines in to add a little more spice.)
Peel the garlic cloves and add to food processor.
Add vinegar and oil and chop until the peppers and garlic are diced.
Add tomatoes, salt and pepper and chop again. I do it in short bursts to make sure the tomatoes don't end up mushy.
Pour into container and refrigerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment