Thursday, December 8, 2011

Crown Royal marinated strip steaks

I’m a firm believer a good steak doesn’t need any extras — no sauces, no marinades, no fluff. But, sometimes, it can be really fun to try something new.
I’d wanted to attempt a Crown Royal marinade for a while, and when I landed some awesome-looking Strip steaks on sale this week, I decided to make the leap. I was pleased with the results, so of course I thought I’d share the recipe with you.

Ingredients and materials:
2 strip steaks, 1 ½ inches thick (Mine weighed in at just under 2 pounds total)
1 cup of Crown Royal
2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
1 gallon-sized Ziploc bag

Directions:
Place steaks in Ziploc bag.
Mix Crown Royal and peppercorns, add to bag.
Refrigerate for 4 hours up to overnight.
Remove steaks and pat dry. Knock off any peppercorns.
Discard marinade.
Sprinkle steaks with black pepper or garlic pepper and grill or pan broil to desired doneness.

Ours looked like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment