Thursday, October 27, 2011

Redbook's strip steaks with sizzle

This is not the post I’d planned for tonight.
The post I planned was going to be, in the words of Ron Burgundy, kind of a big deal. After winning 2 Florida lobster tails from Certified Steak and Seafood in an online contest last week, I’d planned to do a surf and turf at home post, featuring grilled sirloin steak, grilled lobster and, obviously, lots of garlic butter.
But, as Make Mine Beef regulars know, the Mr. and I are in the middle of a DIY kitchen remodel and thanks to last night’s World Series game being postponed, we got a little farther on our painting than expected. Which means my refrigerator, oven and range are in the middle of the living room, the dishwasher is in the dining room, and pretty much everything one would need to prepare a meal is covered in drop cloths. So, the steak and lobster went to the freezer yesterday and will be prepared (and blogged) as soon as my kitchen is a little more usable.
But, never fear, I still have a beefy blog post for you. I found these 2 recipes in this month’s Redbook and they look amazing! I’ll definitely be trying the classic steak frites soon, but wanted to share them both with you in the meantime.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Katrina. I've been wondering around online for awhile now with no voice. Thanks for the tip. I've been doing some emailing and messaging. This is so much better- Its such a relief. Love your blog. I've alreay snatched your below recipe. Thanks for visiting RWR. Hope you come aboard:)

    Kind Regards,
    Kasse Duffy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad it worked for you! Thanks so much! I sent you an e-mail earlier today; I'd love to be featured on your site. Have a great day. -Katrina

    ReplyDelete