Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Mini taco pizzas

The Mr. and I frequent an amazing, local, family-owned pizza buffet. And, by frequent, I mean if we miss a week, they’re worried.


Every week, we see them put out a taco pizza and, every week, we sit there discussing how it just seems wrong to have lettuce on top of a pizza. But, we both love tacos and pizza, so I decided I just needed to make my own, sans salad. Now, if you like the idea of lettuce, tomatoes or black olives on top, feel free to add them to this recipe. (After you've cooked the pizzas, of course, because while I'm not a fan of lettuce on pizza, I don't think anyone is a fan of hot lettuce.)

These mini versions make for great party food, kid food or just a fun and inexpensive dinner. And, if your kitchen is torn up like mine is right now, as an added bonus, they are easy to make and don’t require very many dishes or utensils!

1 pound ground beef
1 packet hot taco seasoning
1 can of 10 layered biscuits (I used Grands Jr. Golden Layers Buttermilk Biscuits)
Taco sauce (I used Old El Paso Medium)
Mexican blend cheese
Sour cream

Brown ground beef over medium-high heat. Drain if necessary and add taco seasoning/water mixture. Allow to simmer according to package directions, or longer if you want a little more spice.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Separate each biscuit by layers. One layer will equal one mini pizza crusts, meaning each biscuit yields about 3-4 crusts. Place each layer on a baking sheet covered in foil and sprayed with non-stick spray.
Spread taco sauce on each crust, then top with taco meat and cheese.
Bake 7-10 minutes.
Serve with sour cream.
Ours looked like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment