Wednesday, February 15, 2012

WebLove: Salt-encrusted ribeye roast

Those of you who follow Make Mine Beef on Facebook or Twitter might have seen my excited posts Saturday night after I scored a great deal on a rib roast.
While I already had our Valentine’s Day meal planned, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to get a good price on this beefy treat.  I also knew I wanted to try something different with it and consulted a few of my favorite websites for inspiration.
I chose this recipe from my friends at the Texas Beef Council and it turned out amazing! The Mr. said it was the best rib roast I've ever cooked.
(Friendly reminder: Since rib roasts vary in weight, always use a meat thermometer. My roast was only about 3.25 pounds and took about 1 hour and 10 minutes to cook to medium rare.)

Picture courtesy of the Texas Beef Council. They're better carvers than I am!

1 comment: