Friday, February 3, 2012

Fun Fact Friday: That's a lot of steaks!

Who’s ready for the big game Sunday? I know I am! While I don’t particularly care for either team playing for the championship, I’m hoping for a good game and a win for fellow Red Raider Wes Welker, wide receiver for the Patriots. I’m also looking forward to lots of fun and good food at my brother-in-law and sister-in-law’s annual bash. Speaking of good food...
Did you know my home state of Texas produces about 7 billion pounds of beef each year, enough to supply 130 steaks to every person watching the game in the U.S.? And what better way to celebrate the biggest game of the year than with a juicy steak, hamburger or brisket? (Thanks to the Texas Department of Agriculture for this fun statistic.)
Look for more Super Bowl-themed posts on the blog, Facebook and Twitter throughout the weekend, and be sure to share what kind of beef you’re enjoying for the big game!

No comments:

Post a Comment